How it works
Step-By-Step Guide to Renting a
Safety Deposit Box
The appointment will take approximately 30 minutes.
Before setting off from home, ensure you have 2 forms of ID:
- ID 1 - Either Drivers Licence or Passport
- ID 2 - Proof of address via bank statement, utility bill, council tax bill etc. (all need to have been received within the last 3 months).
If possible, print off an application form from this website, fill in your details and bring this with you. (Don't worry if you can't, you can complete it on site).
- Take a photo of the items you intend to store, and make an inventory.
- Bring the items with you that you intend to store in a safety deposit box.
- If you are arriving by car, there is free car parking available immediately outside the entrance to the building.
- Buzz the intercom
- A member of staff will greet you just inside the doors.
- In the Enrolment Office, complete the application form (unless you have a completed one with you).
- Photocopies of your ID are taken – all documents are immediately returned to you.
- Choose the box size you deem suitable.
- If unsure as to the size required, take a selection of box sizes to a private viewing room, and place all items you have brought with you, inside each one, to see which is the most appropriate.
- Once a suitable box has been chosen, make payment – this can be by cash, card or cheque.
- Approach the Biometric Recognition Reader. This process takes just 5 seconds to complete.
- Your details are now stored on the system, allowing for future visits.
- A member of staff will accompany you to the vault, where you can place your box.
- Two keys are allocated to you (one is a spare key). Please keep these separate.
- Your safety deposit box is accessible via a dual key lock – a member of staff has the other key required to open it.
- Both keys are entered and turned simultaneously to close the box.
- Registration is now complete, and you can access your box as and when required!
- Make an appointment (this can potentially be made for the same day that you call).
- A member of staff greets you upon arrival.
- Approach Biometric Recognition Reader.
- Enter Vault Office to gain access to the vault.
- Member of staff will accompany you to your box, and open it with you.
- Member of staff will then leave you to view the contents of your box.
- Either slide out a tray from the vault wall on which to place the box, or take it to the private viewing area for ultimate privacy (there are no cameras in the viewing area).
- Signal to staff member when you have finished.
- Staff member locks the box with you.
- Exit the building.
- Your identity is covered by the Data Protection Act (DPA).
- We are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Our security rating is 4+. This is the highest grading, and is better than banks, most of which have a 4 rating.
- The staff are fluent in Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu and English.